CEA Auditor Training
Auditor training for new CEA auditors will be held in Detroit, Michigan on Tuesday, July 30 from 9:00am to 4:00pm. In order to be an auditor, you must be approved by the CEA Standards Commission and meet the following criteria:
- Be current individual member of CEA.
- Be a correctional educator with 5 or more years’ experience.
- Have 2 or more years’ experience as a correctional education supervisor, or in a higher managerial or administrative position.
- Have a letter of recommendation and endorsement from your immediate supervisor.
- Successfully complete the CEA auditor training and participate in an audit as a trainee with an experienced CEA auditor.
- Submit a resume to the standards commission that details education and experience and highlights any experiences that you may have had with CEA, ACA or other accreditation processes.
The Standards Commission will approve applicants for the training. All expenses for audits are paid for by CEA and auditors receive a $250.00 stipend for doing the audit and an additional $50.00 for writing the audit report. Trainees are paid expenses only. A typical audit takes 1 to 1 ½ days. Auditors can be assigned, with their approval, to go on any audits scheduled except those audits within their own state. Auditors typically will perform 1-2 audits yearly.
If you would like to be a CEA auditor and meet the above criteria, please complete the registration below and attach your resume.