The CEA Standards Commission is responsible for reviewing all applications for accreditation and making the final determination of award based on reports submitted by auditors in the field. The Commissioners also periodically review the standards and make revisions as needed. They also train and approve all CEA Auditors.
The Commission is comprised of the following positions:
- 2 positions elected from the general CEA membership
- 2 appointed positions from the pool of eligible auditors
- 1 appointed position from outside education
- CEA President-Elect or Past President (alternating years)
- Council of Directors of Correctional Education Representative
- CEA Executive Director and Assistant Director are Ex-Officio members of the Commission.
2017 – 2018 CEA Standards Commission
Dr. Fran Warsing, Chairperson (WV)
Dr. Jim Keeley (PA)
Ms. Rhea Bowman (AK)
Dr. Carolyn Eggleston (CA)
Dr. Susan Lockwood (IN)
Ms. Connie Nealon (NY)
Ms. Kiara Wilson (MD)