CEA strives to make the accreditation process a positive experience for everyone involved. The entire process takes between 6-12 months, and is outlined below:
- The agency submits written notice to CEA regarding its intent to become CEA accredited.
- CEA works with the agency to procure the audit and any requested training.
- CEA provides any procured training for staff involved with the audit.
- When the agency is ready, a CEA auditor conducts the on-site visit and review of the standards and submits a written report to the Standards Commission.
- The Standards Commission members review the report and make a final determination regarding a three-year accreditation.
- The agency is notified of accreditation results.
- The agency is recognized at the CEA International Conference.